Just putting something here for now, [Hedda]'s description of what's expected for a 'Fantasy Warrior'......
What is a typical fantasy warrior?
Well, there are many kinds, but to win this contest you need something that clearly shows that it's a fantasy
warrior. A fantasy warrior with an oh, so magical sword, isn't considered a good illustration of a fantasy warrior, if he looks just like a medieval knight.
Some tricks to make it more fantasy
You have to have some proof that your photo is a fantasy warrior and not just a normal warrior. These are a few suggestions:
- The weapon has to be BIG, bigger than is practical.
Plain swords are boring. If it is a sword, then it should have spikes.
- Lots of hair, looking no way near normal, natural hair.
- Loads of muscles or huge, unpractical breasts, if it's a female warrior.
- The armour might be very heavy plate-armour, but for some reason it doesn't cover the face, the stomach and the upper legs and arms.
- Fairies sitting on the warrior or glowing magical items.
No, it's not a child. It's not a fat person. The warrior might be old, but must appear to be in fighting condition.
Different genders, races and types of warriors are allowed. You can have Greek, medieval European or Japanese, Roman, Celtic, Viking or something else as a background, but it has to have some fantasy in it.
Go or return to:
- ECM Fantasy Warrior
- Elftown Creature Marathon