Page name: Keyser's Crew Application [Logged in view]
# of watchers: 9
1. I have been a member of Elftown since October of 2004 and an avid one at that, Elftown is my home from home. I enjoy the atmosphere of Elftown and the customisation you have over everything around you, whether it be your Elftown house or wiki-page. Due to my long time present on this website I can handle most parts of it. I know most too all codes off by heart, for instance how to bold things or italic things to more complex things such as IMG codes and layout codes. I have made hundreds of wiki pages and know how the modify them and design them. I know the rules of Elftown like the back of my hand since I am a firm believer that they should be upheld, I think they are very fair and in my spare time I take pleasure in check over people’s houses for rule violations.
2. I was born and breed in England so of course am fluent in English. I also enjoy learning new words and have a penchant to read thesaurus and learn different words for the same meaning. I like long over the top words and tend to use them a lot. They tend to match my ostentatious personality perfectly! >8D
3.My goals for Elftown! It would be to make more contests, something I already do. I enjoy making and helping people host contests, advertise them and also make sure they are eye-catching and attractive. I do enjoy taking part in contests myself so by becoming a member of the crew I would enjoy being on the other side of the equation and helping moderate and even judge them. Another goal of mine is to become more involved in EVERYTHING. I like Elftown inside out and would enjoy helping keep it up to date and on track, I am not put off by tasks other people may consider mundane and would take on everything put to me.
4. I feel that I have proven myself to Elftown. I have entered many contests; a few of my favourites are the yearly Valentines Day poetry and Christmas photography contest. I also contribute to the Daily Poem since I enjoy poetry a fair bit; I try to take part in every poetry contest Elftown has to offer. A rather proud achievement of mine is winning the ECM Werewolf Poetry contest of 2009. I have also made many and help moderate wiki-pages spanning from contests such as Preaching Poetry, to RPG’s such as Hyde’s Illusion, and Golgotha. I have also been named a Stars of Elftown by [Lothuriel], a label I wear with honour. I am also a new apprentice of the Town Herald.
5. I feel I have already answered this question somewhat with my response to question 3, however I shall go on into further detail to make sure my intentions and goals are clear. A main objective of mine is to keep Elftown on track, I know it must be hard to keep track of all the official contests and make sure they close on time and are judged not only fairly but punctually. Another aim of mine would be to help with the badge system; I know how nice it is to get badges so I would get a great sense of happiness from giving people badges for entering contests. Last but not least I believe I have shown through my time on Elftown that I am here for good, sorry Elftown but you’re stuck with me for the long run ;D. If appointed a member of the Crew I would no doubt stay a member so long as I am a member of Elftown. Other than that I would do anything asked of my by the Crew, I am not scared by new tasks and am full of energy!
6. I find it much easier to interact with people via computer that actually face to face. I have little to no temper so me losing my cool or patience is not really an issue, I am naturally a very rational being and believe most problems can be talked through and dealt with reasonably. Whether it is a problem between people or even a problem with a wiki-page, I can deal with most things thrown at me. Obviously I do not intend to be a one man army, I work well with other people and am good at supporting and aiding when needed.
7. Everything about Elftown is fun. The contests, the codes, the art pages, the ability to show off your work, Elftown is by far the best artistic site I have ever come across. Thus it would be an honour to be a member of the Crew that keep it so.
8. I think for an 8th question I should tell you a little bit about why I want to be a crew member so much. Well first of all I’m power mad, joke. Elftown is the website I spend most time on, if I were to give reasonable estimate I would say I am on Elftown for a good five hours a day. During that time I will be taking part in RPG’s, keeping wiki-pages up to date and or uploading art. I also enjoy helping people; I get many questions asking how I made the layout of my page and even some artistic inquiries. Sometimes I’ll even get compliments about my work, something I spend a lot of time saying to others. Elftown is just wonderful website, a website I would like to have more input with.
Return to Apply to the crew
Flower Stock (c) XCHNGSTOCK.COM
Banners & Buttons (c) Elftown Graphics
||Show these comments on your site|