The Adventures of the Audacious Septet
The Quest for the Golden Bath of Nyame
It is the 19th century and the Industrial Revolution has taken the world by force! Steam technology is steadily improving by leaps and bounds! The world is full of inventors and adventurers, of military geniuses and hopeless romantics! Anyone who is brave and foolhardy enough can earn a place for themselves in the wild, dangerous continent of
Legend has it that there exists, nestled in the Gulf of Guinea, a veritable Fountain of Youth that bestows not only strength and vitality, but enables anyone who partakes in its precious waters to seize complete hold of their destiny! The power of these sacred waters over wealth, fortune, and fame have been lusted after by many a traveler, but only a few will succeed in retrieving the priceless waters of the GOLDEN BATH OF NYAME!
We join the Audacious Septet now as they venture into this treacherous land, seeking adventure and excitement, fame and fortune, but above all, the GOLDEN BATH OF NYAME!
1. A sense of humor is required; silly things will happen! Just roll with it as it comes!
2. No computer talk in the rp, which means no saying "u" as a substitute for "you" et cetera. That's fine in the comments though, but we might end up hating you.
3. RP is to be done in STORY FORM so that it reads like a book. Past tense.
4. No wise guys who know everything. Everything you read in the story part of this page your character DOES NOT KNOW until your character is INFORMED by SOMEONE.
5. Cussing is not allowed, that's just lazy roleplaying. But swear as many oaths as you like, such as "Great Scott!" or "Jesus wept!" The more creative, and the longer the oath, the better!
6. Never get lazy and just say..., "and... stuff" and things like that, FULL OUT descriptions. Finish what you started.
7. Always stay in character, no OOC comments in the description or in parenthesis anywhere in the RP
8. Check your spelling. If you make a mistake and notice it later, going back to fix it is OK. Little mistakes are no biggie, but things you do repetitively get annoying.
9. The low limit to an entry is ten words. No less than ten words, but you can go as high as you like.
10. ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NO POWERPLAYING! EVER!
11. You don't RP, you don't stay.
12. THIS IS A STEAMPUNK ROLEPLAY!
You should stay WITHIN THE GENRE, which should be fairly easy because it's such a broad-spanning genre. What is steampunk?
13. Because this is such a large RP, and because the players live in such different time situations, each player is restricted to five posts a day to avoid running too far ahead and leaving anyone behind. (Thank you, [Jeesum Crowe
] :) )
14. Bilbo Baggins! :D