Page name: Tylien Taiveme'le [Logged in view] [RSS]
2008-02-09 16:38:20
Last author: Duredhel
Owner: None
# of watchers: 2
Fans: 0
D20: 7
Bookmark and Share


(Tylien... if you EVER get to see it without cloaks and robes!)

Player - [Veltzeh]
Name - Tylien Taiveme'le
Race - Planetarii/Hauken
Sub-race - Eolan
Class - Wind Bearer
Allegiance - Hauken Rebels and House Eola; however, is currently in exile
Appearance - 176 cm, 40 kg, long hair of white and black strands with a cyan tint, blue eyes, pale skin. Being an androgyne with a twist of shape-shifting, Tylien can look and function like a member of either gender, but dislikes it greatly, and prefers its true form. This slight shape-shifting twist seems to be limited to the gender, and can be controlled not only by Tylien but even other sentient minds provided that Tylien's connection to the person is very deep. Both Tylien's face and figure are exquisite for strangely many people, and its finely tuned voice is neither high nor low. Tylien has tiny wings on its ears and small wings on its back that are from its Eolian half but function as steering wings of the Hauken people. Full length flight-capable wings also sprout from Tylien's back, and they can be hidden or summoned through a spell only Tylien can perform (but it is very painful and tends to render Tylien unconscious or at the least into a very weak state). The big wings are often more or less covered by Tylien's blood right after having been summoned. All of the wings are light gray. Tylien is very light-weight due to the elemental enhancement in its heritage. Tylien prefers fine-looking and elaborately detailed but still comfortable clothes, but since its leaving, it has gotten used to wearing robes, armor and other pieces of cloths that conceal most of its features. Very few have fully seen Tylien's face, even fewer its body. It carries most of its possessions in a large backpack.
Age - 30
Personality - Quiet, calm, honorable and flexible by nature, Tylien is also curious, suspicious, free-minded, somewhat nonchalant and self-conscious. Tylien finds other people almost impossible to be trusted, but despite this Tylien itself is very trustworthy and is guaranteed to keep its promises. Often met with prejudice and injustice for being a crossbreed and an androgyne, Tylien sometimes broods and expresses deep feeling of bitterness or even hatred. But, like Tylien's body, also its mind is adaptive, and it can be very pleasing toward people who don't mistreat it. Tylien is used to being alone, even among people related to it, and hasn't yet felt any deeper need for others, nor does it understand this feeling. Tylien is not of the leader-type nor does it take orders, preferring to do whatever it sees best fit. Thus Tylien might seem a little arrogant even though it isn't. Even though Tylien is calm, once it has been excessively stimulated into another state of mind, it is hard for it to change mood again; Tylien might be described as too stable.
History - Three siblings by the names of Sor’thamia, Ja'ele and Lot'enh Kathre from House Eola had long since grown utterly tired of the wars and conflicts and lived mostly but not completely isolated from other people. They were all powerful magic weilders, all of them having clear air elemental heritage, and they wanted to create or breed a creature to be a perfect Aeromancer. They thought that could be achieved by cross-breeding an Eolan planetarii with a Hauken. Thus they all left from their home to find partners from Kosate, the home of the Hauken people. Several decades later they were supposed to meet, and while two of them returned unsuccessful, Jaele had found a powerful Hauken Windweaver called Tarye Hrathadth for a partner. The four returned to the peaceful home of the Aeromancer siblings in the Mount Ki'Afisal, and soon the love of Jaele and the Hauken Windweaver produced a child: Tylien. Tylien was from the beginning, even before birth, touched by the magic works and spells of the four who wanted to create the perfect humanoid air elemental. However, the childbirth left the Hauken Windweaver weak and unable to give birth anymore, so Tylien would be the only one of its kind for a while. But the four were not in any hurry, wanting to see how their first creation managed. Being patient as ever, they let the child play its games and didn't rush with the teaching of magic. Tylien spent most of its time in Mount Ki'Afisal and some children there, but got to travel to Kosate every now and then. With its bigger wings hidden or displayed Tylien didn't differ too much from neither the Eolans nor the Haukens. Later, as Tylien's parents and the other two Eolan siblings started educating the young Tylien into the arts of magic, it realized how it had been treated and why, and that it had been conceived with a special purpose. This did not appeal at all to Tylien's free mind, and it rather ran away than was left to the hands of the so-called traitors. The four set after Tylien and traveled across the lands in search of it. Once they did catch Tylien, but they could not force it to return. Tylien left on its own again and the three Aeromancer siblings and the Hauken Windweaver did not try to capture it anymore, but kept on just following it, alone or in pairs while the others went back home, sometimes losing track but finding it again. Tylien has since been wandering around the Ki'Afisal, and though it was the will of Tylien's parents - and thus somewhat despisable - for it to become an Aeromancer and obey them, Tylien keeps practicing the arts of Wind Bearers, hoping that it might someday also become also a Windweaver like its mother.
Weapon of Choice - Musket


Level - 7

Experience/To next level - 4749/5640

Equipment -
Musket +2 (12 Atk, 3 Def, 12 Rng, 7 wgt) (Takes 2 turns to reload)
Ramrod (2 wgt)
13 Bullets (1,3 wgt)
13 Packs of Gunpowder (1,3 wgt)
Yellow Cloak +3 (5 Mag, 2 Car, 3 wgt)
Bamboo Hat +3 (6 Spd, 1 Car, 2 wgt)
Amber Ring (Yellow spells deal 25% more damage.)
Parchment x 3 (13 uses in a musket)
Magic Circle Against Earth Scroll x 2
Imposed Voice Scroll x 2
Dissipate Earth Scroll
Earth Resistant Scroll
Sleep Scroll
Howl Scroll
22 GP

Rations x 2 (2 wgt)
Bedroll (5 wgt)

HP - 10/10
MP - 4/18
STR - 6
CON - 3
DEX - 8
INT - 5
MAG - 8
CHA - 5

CC – 15,6/27

Skills – Magic Resistance, Minor Lightning Resistance, Handle Firearms, Level 1 Yellow Magic, Minor Enchantment, Level 2 Yellow Magic, Lightning Resistance, Handle Swords, Handle Exotic weapons
Skill Points - 0

Level 1 - Wind Blow, Wind Wall, Wind Slash, Screech.
Level 2 - Mass Haste

Special Skills
Alter Spell - Every 5 levels, the wind bearer can select a yellow magic spell and alter it, either increasing all of its effects by 1 or more grades ( 1 grade means from 4 turns duration to 5 turns, from d4 damage to d6, etc) or adding an extra GM-approved effect. The alteration of the spell has an XP cost of 500XP per spell level.
Dive - Once a day for every 5 levels, the Skydiver can quickly dive, attack and rise again. The Dive allows an Skydiver to attack without having to risk being attacked by land-based enemies.

Back to Realms of Lemire
To Party Nº1

Username (or number or email):


2005-05-18 [Duredhel]: nope, a scroll is consumed when you use it, either to learn or cast

2005-05-18 [Veltzeh]: What would happen if Tylien tried to read the scrolls that have level 2 magic? o_o

2005-05-18 [Duredhel]: could manage to read them (not learn them, though, it only knows level 1 magic) or they could backfire

2005-05-20 [Veltzeh]: So, it read a few scrolls...

2005-05-20 [Duredhel]: Say, if you read a scroll of a level of magic you knew, there is an 90% chance you'll do it right and cast the spell, and a 10% it will backfire, if you read a scroll of a level of magic above you, there is a 50% chance you'll do it right, and a 50% chance it will backfire, two levels above you, the chance is 1 our of 10 you'll do it right.

2005-05-20 [Veltzeh]: Ah. So, if Tylien read a level 2 scroll and did it right, would it automatically learn lvl 2 magic too and not just the spell itself? If that made sense.

2005-05-20 [Duredhel]: nope, Tylien can read Lv2 scrolls to cast them, but not learn them. Once he learns Lv2 magic, he can read them to learn them.

2005-05-20 [Veltzeh]: Ok. (IT!!!)

2005-05-20 [Duredhel]: sowy ^^

2005-05-23 [Veltzeh]: Okay so... Tylien read and tried to learn four scrolls, did they work or what?

2005-05-23 [Duredhel]: you have to do that in the Party N3 page ^^

2005-05-23 [Veltzeh]: I did!

2005-09-14 [Veltzeh]: Can I please have the spells Tylien read now? :P

2005-09-14 [Duredhel]: Excuse me?

2005-09-14 [Veltzeh]: Tylien read and tried to learn four scrolls, did they work or what?

2005-09-14 [Duredhel]: oh, when did he read them? it takes a couple of hours to memorize a scroll y'know, it will probably take a few more reads for him to learn them.

2005-09-14 [Veltzeh]: IT! IT! And okay, Tylien read through each scroll once, you never told me it takes longer :P Oh well, it'll get back to reading at some point, then...

2005-09-14 [Veltzeh]: Tylien learned to handle longswords, by the way. And, I'll choose for its new skills Lvl 2 Yellow magic and Magical resistance.

2005-09-14 [Duredhel]: Aye aye

2005-09-14 [Veltzeh]: Oh right, do I get to pick a new spell for both levels now, or only when it levels up?

2005-09-14 [Duredhel]: You can pick them now.

Number of comments: 64
Older comments: (Last 200) 3 2 .1. 0

Show these comments on your site

Elftown - Wiki, forums, community and friendship. Sister-site to Elfwood